An exhilarating trip to do while spending some time in Brisbane is to go on a whale-watching trip and see Humpback whales at play in their natural habitat. These giant gentle creatures are not only curious, they enjoy being observed, and have been known to put up a good show for onlookers. The pioneers of whale watching out of Brisbane, Whales in Paradise, still are proud to take tour groups on whale watching excursions and guarantee to see whales always. Should there be an occasion when no whales are sighted, you will receive a voucher to go on another outing with them free.
The tours are kept to a reasonable amount of people so that all on board have good visibility of whales, dolphins, turtles, and any other of the marine life encountered on the trip. A water level viewing deck and rail side positions ensure unobstructed viewing. Licences and regulations limiting the approach distance and manoeuvring near to the whales for tour and for recreational operators set by the National Parks & Wildlife Act SA is strictly enforced for marine life preservation.
A Whale in Paradise tour includes a FREE waterways cruise along the dazzling Nerang waterways for you to see the mansions of the rich and famous. As you cruise past their homes, the crew entertain you with the latest snippets of Hollywood gossip.
In Brisbane Whale in Paradise offer their cruise visitors four free pickup points in the centre for the 11.00am whale watching cruise. About 9.00am those people staying at Rendezvous Hotel, the Holiday Inn, Rydges Hotel and Bunk Backpackers will be collected for the drive to the Gold Coast. People staying at any of the other Brisbane Hotels can take advantage of the pesonalised Pickup Service for a $10 fee.
9.00am -9.20am Hotel pickup from Brisbane City Central
- Check-in for Whale Watching Cruise
- Souvenir Photo’s taken
- Morning tea, coffee and biscuits are served
- Select your seating and relax
- Whale Watching Cruise boarding
- Crew introduction and tour briefing
- Whale watching Cruise departs
11.05 – 11.40am
- Gold Coast waterways cruise with a commentary of the Gold Coast
- Cruise and commentary of the Gold Coast history and the rich and famous
- Morning tea, coffee and biscuit serving continues
- Whale watching cruise enters Humpback Whale sighting grounds
- Visitors are taught how to find whales, dolphins etc
- Whale watching begins
- Expert whale watching commentary
- Tea, coffee and biscuit bar closes
- Calm water cruise back to Surfers Paradise
- Tea and coffee bar reopens
- Photos from the cruise are printed at the onboard studio
- Onboard gift shop opens
- Photo opportunity for passengers driving the vessel, depending on weather conditions
- Vessel returns to Surfers Paradise
2.15 – 3.00pm
- Free time to sightsee around Surfers Paradise
- Return transfer to your Brisbane pickup location
- Arrive back at Brisbane pickup location
This is certainly a cruise not to be missed.