As part of our philosophy to be market leaders and innovators and with an understanding that everyone needs to play a part in reducing environmental impact, we have decided to adopt and publicly commit to an environmetal policy. We were the first ballooning campany in Australia to make such an undertaking.
Fly Me To the Moon is a Hot Air Balloon Charter Operator which offers Brisbane’s best hot air ballooning experience Brisbane. As a market leading business we take great pride in offering our clients a pleasurable, sustainable and value for money adventure experience.
This Environmental Policy covers all activities carried out by Fly Me To The Moon.
Fly Me To The Moon:
- will identify, strive and promote to achieve best environmental practice in its management systems and operations;
- is committed to operating in an ecologically sustainable manner by reducing waste and the use of energy and resources;
- will comply with all relevant Commonwealth and QLD environmental legislation, and with the Commonwealth Government’s environmental policies and initiatives;
- will provide an environmentally sound workplace, and progressively implement a range of environmentally sound work practices;
- will work closely with its employees, contractors, suppliers, clients and other stakeholders to develop and implement agreed environmental initiatives consistent with this policy, and will set objectives and targets;
- will explore opportunities for improved environmental awareness within our relationships with stakeholders;
2010-11 Gross Emission Levels
In accordance with the procedures outlined in the Australian Greenhouse Office – Greenhouse Challenge Plus program we have determined our gross emission levels for the 2010 – 2011 year to be equivalent to 78.1 tonnes of CO2. This represents a 15% reduction from our 2009-2010 pre-offset emission levels.
Key Performance Indicator
Fly Me To The Moon has established a ZERO NET EMISSION target and this target has been met for the 2010-11 year. This completes our 7th full year as a zero net emitter of greenhouse gases.
Fly Me To The Moon has established a target of recycling at least 85% of its office waste and this target has been met for the 2010-11 year.
Short Term Goals
Fly Me To The Moon has already undertaken a range of initiatives to reduce the company’s environmental impact. In 2011-12 a range of further initiatives are being implemented including:
- installing alternative energy electricity supplies to supply our totalnet electricity needs
- furthering our use of recycled materials;
- reusing packaging and being more rigorous in recycling items that cannot be reused directly;