- Brisbane Balloon Flight – Self Drive to Canungra or Nerang – Including Champagne Breakfast at O’Reilly’s Vineyard – $390pp weekdays/$450pp weekends and Public Holidays BOOK HERE
- Hot air balloon ride / flight approx 40-60minute duration;
- Interactive breakfast dining experience at O’Reilly’s Vineyard;
- Wine tasting at the Cellar Door
- Complete flight and ground insurance;
- Transfers to and from the launch and landing sites and the O’Reilly’s Vineyard breakfast in our bus;
- Launch and landing site fees;
- A beautifully presented commemorative flight certificate.
- In-flight photographs with the opportunity to purchase photos of your ballooning experience online after the tour;
Your flight experience is spectacular. We meet our passengers at their accommodation or nominated meeting point in the early morning (time varies throughout the year; you will be advised of the meeting time when your flight is confirmed). After your pilot completes a final weather check you are transported to one of our launch sites where you get to see the balloon prepared for flight.
We use a variety of launch sites located around the Scenic Rim to ensure the best possible flight. We aim to have the balloon drift over the hinterland allowing unparalleled views of the hinterland and surrounds. It is common for the in-flight views to extend north beyond Tamborine Mountain, south beyond the Coast and Border Ranges.
After the flight, we land the balloon and pack it away before heading to O’Reilly’s Vineyard for breakfast where you can celebrate the morning with your new found friends in adventure. You will have a full hot breakfast complete with champagne.
After breakfast we transport you back to your accommodation or meeting point. We recommend that you should allow at least five hours for your ballooning experience.
Hot air ballooning is an outdoor adventure experience and you are encouraged to participate at your preferred level. There are opportunities for passengers to assist in packing up following the flight.
We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes suitable for an outdoor adventure experience. Clothes similar to what you would wear if you were going for a walk including sturdy shoes or boots, a light shirt and trousers or pants. A cap and sunglasses are also useful. In the cooler months you may want a jacket during the morning but it will not be any cooler in the balloon than it is on the ground (often it is even a little warmer at our flight altitudes).
Don’t forget your camera and / or video! There will be many photo opportunities during your ballooning experience, remember to charge the batteries and have plenty of memory / film available.
- We meet around sunrise so you may want a jacket in the cooler months of the year
- High heeled shoes are not suitable
- The burners radiate heat so a cap is recommended
- Generally it is no cooler in the air than it is on the ground, wear layered clothing which can be taken off as the morning warms up.
You are welcome to have extra people join you for breakfast following your flight. Extra breakfasts need to be booked with us in advance so that we can cater for your guests.
- Extra breakfasts cost $30 per person;
- If the flight is cancelled the breakfast will not take place.
Where We Meet
Self Drive option and meet us at Nerang or Canungra.
Meeting point at Nerang
We ask that you secure your vehicle in the Coles car part and avoid using the car park of the 7/11 Service Station. After your breakfast, we’ll return you to your vehicle.
Meeting point at Canungra Tourist Information Centre
Meet our bus in front of the Tourist Information Centre. You can secure your vehicle there and we’ll deliver you back after your breakfast.
If you want to know where our office is located or where we have our post flight breakfast you can find maps on the where to find us page.
There is ample free parking available at our meeting points.
Our meeting times vary throughout the year and are for most of the year about half an hour before sunrise. It is very important that passengers are ready to depart their accommodation or meeting point by the nominated time. We regret that we are unable to wait for late comers. Passengers who are making use of our city pickup service will be advised their pickup time when the booking is confirmed. In general, pickups are scheduled for between 30 and 45 minutes prior to the times mentioned below.
|1st January||22nd January||4:45 am|
|23rd January||22nd February||5:00 am|
|23rd February||2nd April||5:15 am|
|3rd April||25th April||5:30 am|
|26th April||26th May||5:45 am|
|27th May||14th August||6:00 am|
|15th August||31st August||5:45 am|
|1st September||13th September||5:30 am|
|14th September||30th September||5:15 am|
|1st October||7th October||5:00 am|
|8th October||30th November||4:45 am|
|1st December||31st December||4:30 am|
For safety, we are unable to carry the following people:
- The minimum age for a child to fly is 3 years of age;
- There is no upper age limit;
- All passengers must be able to enter and exit the basket without assistance and must be able to adopt the landing position;
- We are unable to carry passengers at any stage of pregnancy;
- CASA regulations prohibit the carriage of persons who because of any disability are unable to follow the pilots instructions or require special assistance;
- Passengers are not permitted to fly within 24 hours of completing a single no-decompression scuba dive, within 48 hours of having completed a series of decompression dives or within 7 days of any technical (mixed gas) dives.