Recommended Study Materials for COPB Exam – we recommend purchasing and studying 4 books:
- Human Factors for Pilots; Roger Green et. al.; Avebury Press
- Aircraft Human Performance Limitations; Tony Wilson; Airservices Australia Publications Unit
- CPL Aeroplanes Meteorology; Bob Tait or Aviation Theory Centre;
- CPL Aeroplanes Navigation; Bob Tait or Aviation Theory Center;
You will also need copies of:
- Civil Aviation Regulations 1988;
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998;
- Civil Aviation Act.
- Cowra 1:100,000 Topographical Map
- Albury / Canberra Visual Terminal Chart (VTC)
- L1 / L2 En-Route Chart – Low (ERC-L)
It is recommended that you ‘tag’ your Regs, Orders, AIP so that you have a quick reference for use in the examination. DO NOT HIGHLIGHT or otherwise mark your documents or you may not be able to use them in the exam!
The CASA website contains specific information about what materials you are permitted to take into the examination and how materials may be marked on the CyberExams – CASA Exam Material provided and required page.
Back to Pilot Exam Help Index
Technical data content credited to Mr Steve Griffin